Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-17 6:43 pm

Post subject: Atla Palani eggs
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 6:17 pm 

Hi,

building a dragon tribal 'Mother of Dragons' deck with Atla Palani, nest tender (Daenerys).

(art not mine)

Strategy is simple: create a bunch of egg tokens, and sac them for profit and dragons.

Now just to be sure, egg tokens created with Nesting Dragon or creatures like Roc egg trigger her second ability as well, right?

Any suggestions? I'm a sucker for flavor, so cards with a GoT - Targaryan or Dothraki look and feel are much appreciated :-)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Atla Palani eggs
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 8:31 pm 

Nigerian Prince wrote:
Now just to be sure, egg tokens created with Nesting Dragon or creatures like Roc egg trigger her second ability as well, right?

Yes. All creatures with type "Egg" will trigger her ability, not just ones she creates. (Note: This includes creatures with changeling.)

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 12:14 pm 

Willbender wrote:
(Note: This includes creatures with changeling.)

Possibly more importantly, this is why you need Mirror Entity. Activate it for 0. Profit.

Also, loving that version of the card. Please tell me you've got a hard copy.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 6:29 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Willbender wrote:

Possibly more importantly, this is why you need Mirror Entity. Activate it for 0. Profit.

While you can use Mirror Entity to kill the eggs, it kills everything you have, commander included. A good sac outlet is a much better option, and you've got some good choices with the colors you've got (plus artifacts and lands, naturally). Really, even just a simple Goblin Bombardment would be a better option.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 12:51 am 

Willbender wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Willbender wrote:

While you can use Mirror Entity to kill the eggs, it kills everything you have, commander included. A good sac outlet is a much better option, and you've got some good choices with the colors you've got (plus artifacts and lands, naturally). Really, even just a simple Goblin Bombardment would be a better option.

Good suggestion, might be fun. Flavorwise it's a bit of a stretch though.

I tested the deck a bit yesterday. Plenty of ways to sac dragon eggs already, I particularely liked devouring three eggs with Predator Dragon, getting me Utvara Hellkite and Atarka, World Render :D

What I need, is more ways to bust out egg tokens quicker. repeatable untap effects and token doublers. I have Anointed Procession, Selesnya Eulogist, Doubling Season, Sundering Growth, Rhys, the Redeemed, Parallel Lives, Growing Ranks and Trostani, Selesnya's Voice. Some of those already feel a bit out of theme.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 1:41 am 

Here are some other cards you can try:

Volrath's Laboratory
Summoner's Egg
Ghired's Belligerence

Along with cards that make token copies, like:

Heat Shimmer
Helm of the Host
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Splinter Twin

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 3:05 am 

How far off theme are you willing to go?

Second Harvest
Seeker of Skybreak
Awakening

There’s also the Legacy Elves package:
Quirion Ranger
Wirewood Symbiote
Temur Sabretooth
Scryb Ranger

Artifact-wise:
Thousand-year Elixir
Magewright’s Stone
Rings of Brighthearth

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-07 2:04 pm 

Willbender wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Willbender wrote:

If you do it right, you don't care. You do something that makes a crapton of tokens, like Avenger of Zendikar, Hazenon Tamar, Tempt with Vengeance... whatever. Then you use Mirror Entity for 0. There's a pretty good chance you just put every creature in your deck into play right now, because the Mirror Entity's ability makes all the random tokens eggs when they die. Put a Wheel of Sun and Moon out, and you might even be able to put everything non-token that you killed with the entity (including the entity itself) back into play.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-11 7:29 am 

does wheel of sun and moon work with her? I thought it was a nonbo reading it. (Because they never enter the graveyard?)

Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Rebel Elf Ball
Patron of the Kitsune: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-12 1:28 am 

brainface wrote:
does wheel of sun and moon work with her? I thought it was a nonbo reading it. (Because they never enter the graveyard?)

Good catch. That wouldn't work.

Offline Profile