Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Nov-11 8:04 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 6:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-23 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
thaumaturge wrote:
What if our lists are on our blog, not on this forum?

I believe there are already several such decks on the list. I don't think people would care so much as long as the cards were tagged for easy reading. Well, I'd put it up anyway. There are also some old decks on the list that aren't tagged.

_________________
Killane wrote:
Why can't you hit yourself?


EDH decklists! Post'em if you got'em!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 7:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Feb-07 3:37 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Danbury, CT
Speaking of the older decks, could you add the date a deck was posted/last updated to the listing? It's kind of a bummer to go "Ooh, an Atalya deck, wonder how that works," and then discover it's five years old with no updates.

Might be too much work to update all of the current entries, so maybe just add dates for new additions?

_________________
The deck-o-pedia


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 9:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-23 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Kemev wrote:
Speaking of the older decks, could you add the date a deck was posted/last updated to the listing? It's kind of a bummer to go "Ooh, an Atalya deck, wonder how that works," and then discover it's five years old with no updates.

Might be too much work to update all of the current entries, so maybe just add dates for new additions?

It wouldn't be so hard to (slowly) add dates, but I wouldn't update them if the poster changes the deck. Do you really think that would make much of a difference?

_________________
Killane wrote:
Why can't you hit yourself?


EDH decklists! Post'em if you got'em!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 9:57 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Feb-19 12:15 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Sacramento, CA
If the poster edits their deck in their original post, you can see the last edit date and you'll know if its been updated recently. My Mayael deck list has 107 edits, and the most recent was on April 29, 2013.

_________________
Current Decks:
Bruse Tarl / Kraum, Ludevic's Opus
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mayael the Anima


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 12:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-23 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Celerus wrote:
If the poster edits their deck in their original post, you can see the last edit date and you'll know if its been updated recently. My Mayael deck list has 107 edits, and the most recent was on April 29, 2013.

When you say "you", are you referring to me checking for updates to peoples' decks, or someone else just wondering when the last change was?

_________________
Killane wrote:
Why can't you hit yourself?


EDH decklists! Post'em if you got'em!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 3:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Feb-19 12:15 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Sacramento, CA
Rollcage wrote:
Celerus wrote:
If the poster edits their deck in their original post, you can see the last edit date and you'll know if its been updated recently. My Mayael deck list has 107 edits, and the most recent was on April 29, 2013.

When you say "you", are you referring to me checking for updates to peoples' decks, or someone else just wondering when the last change was?

I meant instead of you (Rollcage) having to date each deck, which would require you (Rollcage) to check them periodically to see if they have been updated recently, a person (other than Rollcage) looking at a deck list could check when it was last updated.

_________________
Current Decks:
Bruse Tarl / Kraum, Ludevic's Opus
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mayael the Anima


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-21 3:38 pm 
EDH Rules Committee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-Jan-05 12:58 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Yeah, I don't think dating each link is necessary. That's a lot of extra work, and I'd prefer you to have an easy time than get burnt out. It's really easy to see how old a list is by clicking on it, and even a 5-year-old list is still useful as a starting point. I don't think most people are using this resource to copy entire netdecks anyway.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-22 3:20 am 

Joined: 2008-Nov-30 12:36 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Rollcage wrote:
thaumaturge wrote:
What if our lists are on our blog, not on this forum?

I believe there are already several such decks on the list. I don't think people would care so much as long as the cards were tagged for easy reading. Well, I'd put it up anyway. There are also some old decks on the list that aren't tagged.

Cool, good to know. I'll submit mine when I can.

I like this type of resource because sometimes I like to build decks by taking a whole bunch of lists - like at least 20 lists if I can - compiling them in Excel and using 60 to 62 of the most frequently used cards as a starting point for my list.

Now, before you go all "EWW UBIQUITY! STAPLES! GENERIC! YUCK!" on me, re-read where I say "starting point" - I also like to spend a good deal of time looking at cards that only appear in one or two decks because those cards usually contain the cool hidden gems that make the format interesting. I also then spend a good deal of time staring at my own binders looking for stuff that didn't appear in anyone's list and adding my own pet cards, etc. to make the deck more interesting.

And I don't do this often - only when I'm trying to build around a General that I know is very popular but I can't settle on one idea. I just use "group consensus" as a skeleton that I can add my own particular flavor of flesh to.

_________________
The Command Zone (my MTG Blog).
Commander 2015 Set Review


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-24 11:38 am 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Maelstrom Wanderer (Maelstrom Chaos) - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12172
An EDH deck full of chaotic fun card that try to emulate the Planechase variant.


Dakkon Blackblade (Esper aggro/control) - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11697&p=124254#p124254
Non-combo Esper goodstuff centered on slowly maintaining board presence and then beating people's faces in with Dakkon.


(I can't believe I never posted my decklists before)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-May-30 3:53 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Feb-11 1:24 pm
Age: Dragon
Melek, Izzet Paragon - Dragonstorm!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15862

Oh yeah, and thanks for stepping up!

_________________
Check out my articles about EDH on MTGO HERE


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-Jun-18 3:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Feb-11 1:24 pm
Age: Dragon
Here's a new one:

Rosheen Meanderer: X spells and landfall!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15907

And another
Adamaro, First to Desire: Have some cards!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15911

_________________
Check out my articles about EDH on MTGO HERE


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-Jun-20 8:05 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Feb-19 12:15 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Sacramento, CA
fyi, the deck "LoneTear: 1vs1 control oriented deck with massive counterspelling and board sweep" is listed under Ruhan of the Fulmori but it's actually a Numot deck.

_________________
Current Decks:
Bruse Tarl / Kraum, Ludevic's Opus
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mayael the Anima


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-Jun-21 5:43 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-23 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Fixed. Thank you.

_________________
Killane wrote:
Why can't you hit yourself?


EDH decklists! Post'em if you got'em!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-Jun-28 5:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Feb-11 1:24 pm
Age: Dragon
Reki, the History of Kamigawa - Everyone is legendary
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15530

_________________
Check out my articles about EDH on MTGO HERE


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EDH Decklists Listing - Post Links to Your Decks Here
AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 5:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-May-11 11:02 am
Age: Drake
Diaochan, Artful Beauty - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15958

Political multiplayer chaos.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: