Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-17 6:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Throne of Eldraine (Spoilers)
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 2:41 am 

Hello all, I was kinda suprised to find that this wasn't already started. So without further adu:

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2019-Sep-04 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Throne of Eldraine (Spoilers)
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 2:48 am 

All those images are broken on account of hotlink protection. Sorry.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 2:53 am 

spacemonaut wrote:

Odd, they show up for me... hmmm, I'll try to fix later today.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 3:04 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
spacemonaut wrote:

Odd, they show up for me... hmmm, I'll try to fix later today.

Your browser has them cached from when you loaded those images on the site itself. Check this thread in private browsing.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 8:56 am 

OK, so I went and looked at the Throne spoilers... I'm confused - is this a normal set or an EDH supplement? Timing-wise it seems like it should be a normal set... but it has obvious EDH cards in it.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 9:10 am 

A lot of the spoiled cards so far have come from the Brawl decks on Arena, so they'll have a Brawl/EDH vibe to them.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 9:33 am 

Viperion wrote:
A lot of the spoiled cards so far have come from the Brawl decks on Arena, so they'll have a Brawl/EDH vibe to them.

Brawl decklists got fully spoiled. In case anybody was interested. Seems like Wizards is pushing them hard considering all the decks got shock lands, a couple extra packs each, and I think some reprints some people were seeking.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-04 10:18 am 

My Saheeli, the Gifted deck is really looking forward to this:

Shimmer Dragon 4UU
Flying
As long as you have 4 or more Artifacts ~ has hexproof.
Tap 2 untapped artifacts you control, draw a card.
5/6

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 2:41 am 

Is it odd that I think I am more excited for the Brawl decks than the C19 decks? I bought the Jeskai deck and had plans to buy at least one more, but now I think I am just going to buy the Brawl decks and a few singles from C19.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 2:50 am 

What I’ve seen I’m really excited about. I’m not exactly a Vorthos, but the flavor on Flaxen Intruder is through the roof. Everything about that card is perfection.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 6:37 am 

I'm unironically the most excited about that hybrid artifact creature. Faerie Mechanist is already a great piece of utility in my artifact deck, having the option to either upgrade it or run another is great.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 2:04 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Is it odd that I think I am more excited for the Brawl decks than the C19 decks? I bought the Jeskai deck and had plans to buy at least one more, but now I think I am just going to buy the Brawl decks and a few singles from C19.

I cant help feeling that's by design.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 4:38 pm 

Segrus wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Brawl decklists got fully spoiled. In case anybody was interested. Seems like Wizards is pushing them hard considering all the decks got shock lands, a couple extra packs each, and I think some reprints some people were seeking.

I don't mind a Smothering Tithe (which has become expensive) and I'm looking forward to Brawl on Arena. Any chance you'd get an arena code with the paper deck?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-05 10:20 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Segrus wrote:
Viperion wrote:

I don't mind a Smothering Tithe (which has become expensive) and I'm looking forward to Brawl on Arena. Any chance you'd get an arena code with the paper deck?

You don't sadly, I was really hoping for that as well. I finished the event 6-1 but have been playing it still cause it is a lot of fun. Definitely buying the Madru Knights deck and expanding it out to 100 cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-06 12:52 am 

Well, paying twice for a paper and digital precon certainly dampens my enthusiasm for Arena a bit.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next